Newt provides his take on what needs to be done to reign in the dangerous Mexican drug cartels.
On March 3rd, two Americans were killed in daylight abductions, after their mini-van of four traveled across the U.S. – Mexico border into Matamoros, Mexico. The Gulf Cartel later apologized and said the kidnappers had acted on their own, and they were turning them over to authorities. The kidnappings and murders have led the United States to evaluate their current relationship with Mexico and how much the cartels control Mexico, in an effort to get fentanyl and other illegal drugs into the United States. Overdose deaths killed 100,000 Americans last year. Is it time the United States take a stronger stance against the drug cartels and treat them like an enemy?
Matamoros Victims Found, but 550 Americans are Still Missing in Mexico – Washington Post
Texas Governor Greg Abbott Letter to Biden About Mexican Cartels
Why Using the Military Against Mexico’s Cartels is Catching On – The SpectatorMexico Has Become a Failed Narco-State – The Spectator
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 539: Putin and Xi
- Newt’s World – Episode 538: Parents of the World, Unite!
- Newt’s World – Episode 536: The Threat of the Mexican Drug Cartels Part 2
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement