Newt talks with Erin Walsh from The Heritage Foundation, about the influence the Chinese Communist Party has in the United States.
This week, federal prosecutors unsealed criminal charges accusing two men of helping run an unauthorized Chinese police station, which is one of more than 100 around the world, used to intimidate and control Chinese citizens living in New York City. The two men were arrested and charged with conspiring to act as agents of the Chinese government and with obstructing justice. The Chinese government in Beijing said the outposts aren’t doing police work, but Chinese state media reports say they “collect intelligence” and solve crimes far outside their jurisdiction. Newt’s guest is Erin Walsh. She is a Senior Research Fellow in international affairs in the Asia Studies Center at The Heritage Foundation.
Guest: Erin Walsh
Winning the New Cold War: A Plan for Countering China – Heritage Foundation Special Report
Two Arrested for Operating Illegal Overseas Police Station of the Chinese Government – Department of Justice
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling
- Newt’s World – Episode 560: Border Crisis in Yuma, Arizona￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 559: Artificial Intelligence and Public Policy