The bishops issued a call for prayer.
Three Catholic bishops criticized the Los Angeles Dodgers for inviting the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence – a drag group whose members dress in nuns’ clothing – to Friday’s Pride Night.
Archbishop Timothy Broglio, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, and Archbishop José Gomez described the drag group’s routine as “blasphemy” and deemed the Dodgers’ invite “shocking.” The bishops called on Catholics to pray the Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on Friday.
Christians across the country have condemned the Dodgers’ invite, with former U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See Callista L. Gingrich calling on the team to honor real nuns.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Newt Gingrich on Kudlow | September 28, 2023Newt talks to Larry about how the country is willing to have a government shutdown if that’s what it takes to cut spending.
- Newt Gingrich on The Ingraham Angle | September 28, 2023Newt talks to Laura about the rumors Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin is being recruited for the 2024 presidential race and why he believes former President Donald Trump will win the Republican nomination.
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | September 27, 2023Newt talks to Maria about a looming government shutdown and the impact of Trump’s indictments on the 2024 campaign.
- Newt Gingrich on The Ingraham Angle | September 13, 2023Newt talks to Laura Ingraham about the impact of ‘Bidenomics’ on average Americans and New Mexico’s ’emergency’ gun ban.
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | August 31, 2023Newt talks with Peter Hegseth about how Democrats and the media are raising concerns over Biden’s mental and physical declines.