How the absence of effective border security is ‘feeding the growth of human trafficking.’
On Sept. 13, former Department of Homeland Security Agent Tim Ballard, whose work inspired the film “Sound of Freedom,” told members of Congress that traffickers exploit our southern border for the sex industry. Ballard’s testimony shed light on the connection between the Biden administration’s border crisis and child trafficking into the United States. Ballard also said the “absence of physical barriers on our border” is catalyzing human trafficking. As Homeland Security Committee Chairman Mark Green said, we must “deal with the human costs of this terrible crisis. And we must do so now.”
One border policy in particular—Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ catch and release policy—is “absolutely facilitating the trafficking of people and children,” Ballard said. As a result of the 85,000 migrant children released by the Biden administration, who have since become unaccounted for, both the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Health and Human Services “have unwittingly become a child trafficking delivery service,” Ballard said.
Ambassador Callista Gingrich and Speaker Newt Gingrich’s column, President Biden Should See “Sound of Freedom”, underscores President Biden’s “opportunity to prove that fighting sexual exploitation is a bipartisan issue that should unify all Americans.” This starts with recognizing our nation’s borders, not as invisible lines but as lines of defense for the innocence and freedom of our most vulnerable—our children.
Read more on Biden administration, a ‘Child Trafficking Delivery Service’ at The Daily Signal.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
Watch Newt’s Latest Videos:
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 27, 2024Newt talks to Sean Hannity about President Trump’s dominance over Nikki Haley in the Republican Primary Race.
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | February 22, 2024Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and KAConsulting President Kellyanne Conway discuss the 2024 presidential election as Trump and Nikki Haley focus on the South Carolina primary and react to Biden’s presidency.
- Newt Gingrich on Ingraham Angle | February 21, 2024Former Speaker Newt Gingrich reacts to former President Trump’s ‘The Ingraham Angle’ town hall in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Newt Gingrich on Jesse Watters Primetime | February 19, 2024Newt talks to Jesse Watters about how conservative voters should come out early and in droves to support their candidate in 2024.
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 15, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich says the Hur Report transcript should be released to the public during an appearance on ‘Hannity.’