President Biden’s standards will negatively impact low-income communities.
President Joe Biden’s proposed energy efficiency standards, issued by the U.S. Department of Energy, will establish government standards for all types of water heaters beginning in 2029.
Notably, the proposed standards will disproportionately impact tankless, gas-fired water heaters by imposing an unattainable 91% efficiency requirement on these models.
This regulatory shift infringes on consumer choice and raises constitutional concerns. Moreover, it may disproportionately affect low-income individuals who rely on the tankless options that would be prohibited, creating issues of economic inequality.
The president justifies these regulations as necessary to fight climate change. However, electric appliances only emit less carbon if the electricity is produced with renewables or nuclear power. Promoting electric appliances as environmentally superior without considering emissions from electricity generation through overregulation will result in challenges for both American consumers and U.S. energy security.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
Watch Newt’s Latest Videos:
- Newt Gingrich on Kudlow | September 28, 2023Newt talks to Larry about how the country is willing to have a government shutdown if that’s what it takes to cut spending.
- Newt Gingrich on The Ingraham Angle | September 28, 2023Newt talks to Laura about the rumors Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin is being recruited for the 2024 presidential race and why he believes former President Donald Trump will win the Republican nomination.
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | September 27, 2023Newt talks to Maria about a looming government shutdown and the impact of Trump’s indictments on the 2024 campaign.
- Newt Gingrich on The Ingraham Angle | September 13, 2023Newt talks to Laura Ingraham about the impact of ‘Bidenomics’ on average Americans and New Mexico’s ’emergency’ gun ban.
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | August 31, 2023Newt talks with Peter Hegseth about how Democrats and the media are raising concerns over Biden’s mental and physical declines.