President Biden’s standards will negatively impact low-income communities.
President Joe Biden’s proposed energy efficiency standards, issued by the U.S. Department of Energy, will establish government standards for all types of water heaters beginning in 2029.
Notably, the proposed standards will disproportionately impact tankless, gas-fired water heaters by imposing an unattainable 91% efficiency requirement on these models.
This regulatory shift infringes on consumer choice and raises constitutional concerns. Moreover, it may disproportionately affect low-income individuals who rely on the tankless options that would be prohibited, creating issues of economic inequality.
The president justifies these regulations as necessary to fight climate change. However, electric appliances only emit less carbon if the electricity is produced with renewables or nuclear power. Promoting electric appliances as environmentally superior without considering emissions from electricity generation through overregulation will result in challenges for both American consumers and U.S. energy security.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
Watch Newt’s Latest Videos:
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 27, 2024Newt talks to Sean Hannity about President Trump’s dominance over Nikki Haley in the Republican Primary Race.
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | February 22, 2024Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and KAConsulting President Kellyanne Conway discuss the 2024 presidential election as Trump and Nikki Haley focus on the South Carolina primary and react to Biden’s presidency.
- Newt Gingrich on Ingraham Angle | February 21, 2024Former Speaker Newt Gingrich reacts to former President Trump’s ‘The Ingraham Angle’ town hall in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Newt Gingrich on Jesse Watters Primetime | February 19, 2024Newt talks to Jesse Watters about how conservative voters should come out early and in droves to support their candidate in 2024.
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 15, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich says the Hur Report transcript should be released to the public during an appearance on ‘Hannity.’