by Newt Gingrich
We are living through one of the most amazing and embarrassing episodes in American history.
An Iranian dictatorship, which routinely chants “Death to America” and “Death to Israel,” is using its paid proxies and puppets to harass, threaten, and humiliate America.
When our nation was young and weak, we sent the Navy and the Marines to the “shores of Tripoli” to defeat and punish Ottoman Barbary pirates (effectively the terrorists of their day). Today, we are wringing our hands and cowering behind excuses and equivocations to avoid defending American men and women who have volunteered to defend their country.
The Biden administration admits attacks on Americans are underway. A defense official told CNN there have been 76 attacks on Americans in Iraq and Syria since mid-October.
The assault on American soldiers, interests, and assets extends far beyond the northern part of the region. Just Sunday, the USS Carney shot down missiles and drones that were trying to hit merchant ships in international waters. In one case, the USS Carney shot down a drone which seemed to be headed toward the ship itself.
Watch More of Newt’s Commentary Here:
Newt’s Latest Articles:
- A Fresh Approach to Health Care Reform
- Taking Nuclear War Seriously
- Inner Circle: Sen. Mitt Romney’s Tax Increase Proposal
- Sen. Mitt Romney’s Tax Increase Proposal
- Biden Democrats are Corrupting the American Legal System
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 666: Strategic Thinking in a Dangerous World
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | February 22, 2024
- Newt Gingrich on Ingraham Angle | February 21, 2024
- Newt Gingrich on Jesse Watters Primetime | February 19, 2024
- Newt’s World – Episode 665: Dr. Michael Roizen on The Great Age Reboot