Republicans Demand Cassidy Hutchinson Clarify Testimonies Amid Threat of Legal Action
House Oversight Subcommittee Republicans, led by Chairman Barry Loudermilk, have issued a pointed letter to Cassidy Hutchinson, a central witness for the Jan. 6 Committee. The directive demands Hutchinson to secure and provide all records tied to January 6.
Loudermilk’s letter points out discrepancies in Hutchinson’s testimonies. Specifically, during a June 28, 2022 hearing, Hutchinson claimed that former President Donald Trump attempted to seize control of a vehicle during the January 6 incident. However, this account was conspicuously absent in her earlier interviews conducted on February 23, March 7, and May 17, 2022. Additionally, Loudermilk highlighted that Hutchinson organized her May 17th interview with the Select Committee in collaboration with Alyssa Farah Griffin, omitting this fact from her attorney.
The letter sent to Hutchinson insists on record preservation and hints at potential legal actions, including a subpoena, if Hutchinson doesn’t comply. Loudermilk’s deadline for Hutchinson’s response is firmly set for January 26, 2024.
Read Loudermilk’s letter at the Daily Caller.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
Watch Newt’s Latest Videos:
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | February 22, 2024Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and KAConsulting President Kellyanne Conway discuss the 2024 presidential election as Trump and Nikki Haley focus on the South Carolina primary and react to Biden’s presidency.
- Newt Gingrich on Ingraham Angle | February 21, 2024Former Speaker Newt Gingrich reacts to former President Trump’s ‘The Ingraham Angle’ town hall in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Newt Gingrich on Jesse Watters Primetime | February 19, 2024Newt talks to Jesse Watters about how conservative voters should come out early and in droves to support their candidate in 2024.
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 15, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich says the Hur Report transcript should be released to the public during an appearance on ‘Hannity.’
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 09, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich says Congress should demand a cognitive test for Biden during an appearance on ‘Hannity.’