Newt talks with Thomas Hoenig about the state of the economy and what we should expect in the next year.
We are experiencing the highest inflation in 40 years. The Federal Reserve has raised interest rates to try to curb inflation, but did they act too late? And, are we headed towards a recession? Newt’s guest is Thomas Hoenig, former Vice Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and former President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. He currently is a Distinguished Senior Fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
Guest: Thomas Hoeing
Newt’s World – Episode 346: The Economy – Inflation and Interest Rates
FACT SHEET: President Biden’s Plan to Respond to Putin’s Price Hike at the Pump – White House
Remarks by President Biden on Lowering Energy Costs for Working Families – White House
Inflation Hits Fastest Pace Since 1981, at 8.5% Through March – New York Times
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement
- Newt’s World – Episode 533: Newt Answers Your Questions with Vivek Ramaswamy
- Newt’s World – Episode 532: Mike Pompeo on “Never Give An Inch”￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 531: James Rosen on Justice Scalia