On Monday, Apple asked Taiwan-based suppliers to use the ‘made in China’ label, as the firm reportedly wants products to comply with Bejing rule to prevent disruption from Chinese customs inspections. The firm’s request comes as Chinese customs inspections grew stricter in response to US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan.
Rather than products saying, “made in Taiwan,” Apple wants products to display made in “Chinese Taipei” or “Taiwan, China.” A long-standing Chinese directive requires this label to be applied to all products bound for mainland China but was not strongly enforced.
Chinese officials had repeatedly cautioned against Pelosi’s visit and threatened consequences for Taiwan and the United States.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Biden’s Illegal Immigrants
- Our Latest Poll: Should taxpayer’s money be used to house Biden’s illegal immigrants?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: Which country sold the territory known as the Louisiana Purchase to the United States in 1803?
- Newt Gingrich on Fox & Friends | December 4, 2023
- Newt’s World – Newt’s World – Episode 636: Honoring Dr. Henry Kissinger