Newt talks with Dr. Tomas Philipson about the cost of health care and drug prices in the United States.
Why are drug prices so high in the United States? What impact will the recent “Inflation Reduction Act” have on Medicare and drug development? Newt’s guest is Dr. Tomas Philipson. He is the Daniel Levin Professor of Public Policy Studies Emeritus at the University of Chicago, Harris School of Public Policy. He also served as a member of the President’s Council of Economic Advisors from 2017-2019 and as its Chairman from 2019 to 2020.
Guest: Dr. Tomas Philipson
On Health Care, the GOP Needs a Supply-Side Approach with Better Messengers – National Review
Inflation Reduction Act Main Impact Is To Cut Health, Not Inflation – Newsweek
The Impact of HR. 576 on Biopharmaceutical Innovation and Patient Health – University of Chicago Issue Brief
The Inflation Reduction Act Comes for Medicare – Wall Street Journal
As Predicted, Patients Are Paying the Price for the Inflation Reduction Act’s Drug Reform – National Review
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 539: Putin and Xi
- Newt’s World – Episode 538: Parents of the World, Unite!
- Newt’s World – Episode 536: The Threat of the Mexican Drug Cartels Part 2
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement