Newt talks with the prolific author, Bernard Cornwell, about his latest book Uhtred’s Feast: Inside the World of The Last Kingdom.
The Last Kingdom is one of the most successful historical fiction series of our time. The novels tell the epic story of the birth of England and introduces one of the greatest ever fictional heroes: the iconic Uhtred of Bebbanburg, the Saxon-born, Norse-raised warrior and rebel. In his new book, Uhtred’s Feast: Inside the World of The Last Kingdom, Cornwell revisits Uhtred’s realm, exploring every aspect of this historical period, from the clothes, to weapons, to food, offering beautifully crafted recipes of early Anglo-Saxon fare, created by renowned chef Suzanne Pollak. Newt’s guest is Bernard Cornwell.
Guest: Bernard Cornwell
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 634: Gregg Jarrett on The Constitution of the United States
- Newt’s World – Episode 633: A Thanksgiving Tradition – The Presidential Turkey Pardon
- Newt’s World – Episode 632: Establishing Thanksgiving as a National Holiday
- Newt’s World – Episode 631: Bernard Cornwell on Uhtred’s Feast
- Newt’s World – Episode 630: The New Contract With America Coin: Honoring Newt Gingrich’s Legacy