State Department denies private charter flights to American citizens, says “you need to find another destination…”
According to a series of leaked emails obtained by Fox News, the State Department has refused to approve private evacuation flights from Afghanistan. Recent news reports indicate nearly 100 Americans remain in Afghanistan. The State Department said it would not authorize charter flights, even for American citizens.
The State Department said the charter flights would not be authorized to land at Defense Department airbases. Possible security threats posed by landing charter planes at military bases are cited among the reasons why the State Department will not allow civilians to be returned to America.
Eric Montalvo organized the private flights that were intended to evacuate people stranded in Afghanistan. He shared with Fox News that he was unable to proceed in his efforts because of the State Department. State Department emails sent to Montalvo on Sept. 1 read “No independent charters are allowed to land at [AL Udeid Air Base] the military airbase you mentioned…” Other communications told Montalvo, “You need to find another destination country, and it can’t be the U.S. either.”
To read more about the State Department delaying private rescue flights from Afghanistan visit Fox News.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Poll Results: Do you think Democrats will successfully pass the $1 trillion infrastructure bill?
- Exorbitant Spending and Socialist Policies Threaten American’s Way of Life Says Sen. Roger Marshall
- “The left’s worse nightmare” NRA instructor helped train 4,000 minority women on gun safety
- Biden’s Border Crisis: More Than 8,000 Migrants Wait under Texas Bridge
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | September 16, 2021