Newt gives his take on Vladimir Putin’s fiery February 21st speech in which he makes the case for why Ukraine should be part of Russia again.
The Munich Agreement was signed in September 1938 by Germany, the United Kingdom, France and Italy and permitted the German annexation of the Sudetenland, in western Czechoslovakia. Newt compares this time in history with Putin annexing Crimea and other areas of eastern Ukraine. In Putin’s February 21st speech, he signals the rationale for a Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Every few months I watch this clip from 2014 of Condi Rice talking about Vladimir Putin…. pic.twitter.com/pnwFgOXdpV— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) July 26, 2018
Hitler Invasion of Czechoslovakia – United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Putin’s attack on Ukraine echoes Hitler’s takeover of Czechoslovakia – Washington Post
Russia invades Ukraine in largest European attack since WWII – Fox News
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling
- Newt’s World – Episode 560: Border Crisis in Yuma, Arizona￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 559: Artificial Intelligence and Public Policy