Through a nationwide operation in August dubbed “Operation Cross Country,” FBI agents rescued 141 adult victims of human trafficking, 84 minor victims of child sex trafficking and sexual exploitation, and they identified 37 actively missing children.
Authorities said the youngest victim discovered during this operation was 11 years old. The average age of victims in similar operations is approximately 15 years. FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a statement, “Human trafficking is among the most heinous crimes the FBI encounters.”
Federal officials arrested 85 suspects of child sexual exploitation and human trafficking offenses as part of the operation.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Our Latest Poll: Are You Concerned that Vladimir Putin may use nuclear weapons?
- According to Zelenskyy, Russian Troops “Were Not Trained For Combat”
- U.S. Facing Butter Shortage Ahead of Holidays
- New Jersey Democrats Want to Require Costco to Sell Gas to Everyone, Not Just Members
- Larry Summers Warns Global Economic Risk Approaching Pre-Great Recession Level