North Korea threatens to shoot down U.S. planes in Korean Peninsula.
North Korea threatened on Monday to start shooting down U.S. aircraft after accusing a U.S. military plane of intruding into its airspace several times.
This threat also comes after U.S. Forces Korea confirmed it conducted joint aerial drills with South Korea in late June.
A spokesperson from the DPRK’s Ministry of National Defense warned of the matter in a statement published by North Korean state media. The spokesman said North Korea is “now maintaining our utmost patience and self-control, but everything has its limit.”
Kim Jong Un’s sister, Kim Yo Jong, accused the United States of sending spy planes over the country’s exclusive economic zone. She further accused South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff of acting like a “spokesperson” for the U.S. military.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Newt Gingrich on Kudlow | September 28, 2023Newt talks to Larry about how the country is willing to have a government shutdown if that’s what it takes to cut spending.
- Newt Gingrich on The Ingraham Angle | September 28, 2023Newt talks to Laura about the rumors Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin is being recruited for the 2024 presidential race and why he believes former President Donald Trump will win the Republican nomination.
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | September 27, 2023Newt talks to Maria about a looming government shutdown and the impact of Trump’s indictments on the 2024 campaign.
- Newt Gingrich on The Ingraham Angle | September 13, 2023Newt talks to Laura Ingraham about the impact of ‘Bidenomics’ on average Americans and New Mexico’s ’emergency’ gun ban.
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | August 31, 2023Newt talks with Peter Hegseth about how Democrats and the media are raising concerns over Biden’s mental and physical declines.