North Korea threatens to shoot down U.S. planes in Korean Peninsula.
North Korea threatened on Monday to start shooting down U.S. aircraft after accusing a U.S. military plane of intruding into its airspace several times.
This threat also comes after U.S. Forces Korea confirmed it conducted joint aerial drills with South Korea in late June.
A spokesperson from the DPRK’s Ministry of National Defense warned of the matter in a statement published by North Korean state media. The spokesman said North Korea is “now maintaining our utmost patience and self-control, but everything has its limit.”
Kim Jong Un’s sister, Kim Yo Jong, accused the United States of sending spy planes over the country’s exclusive economic zone. She further accused South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff of acting like a “spokesperson” for the U.S. military.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Newt Gingrich on Jesse Watters Primetime | February 19, 2024Newt talks to Jesse Watters about how conservative voters should come out early and in droves to support their candidate in 2024.
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 15, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich says the Hur Report transcript should be released to the public during an appearance on ‘Hannity.’
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 09, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich says Congress should demand a cognitive test for Biden during an appearance on ‘Hannity.’
- Newt Gingrich on Ingraham Angle | February 08, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich talks about the results of the Hur Report during an appearance on ‘Ingraham Angle.’
- Newt Gingrich on Mornings with Maria | February 07, 2024Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich provides analysis of the upcoming 2024 presidential election during an appearance on ‘Mornings with Maria.’